English: Minor blue dragon combination
Chinese: Xiao Qing long tang
Pinellia (Ban xia) – 6.0
Ma-huang (Ma huang) – 3.0
Peony (Bai shao yao) – 3.0
Asarum (Xi xin) – 3.0
Schizandra (Wu wei zi) – 3.0
Licorice (Gan cao) – 3.0
Cinnamon (Gui zhi) – 3.0
Ginger (Sheng jiang) – 3.0
- Cough with fever, stridor, headache, severe chills, flushing up, hiccups and dizziness.
- Bronchial or humoral stridor and watery sputum.
- Allergic rhinits.
- Whooping cough, bronchial dilatio, pulmonary asthma.
- Renal cirrhosis (interstital inflammation), swelling due to primary nephritis and colds accompanied by cough and swelling.
- Conjunctivitis, inflammation of the tear ducts, periorbital edema and lachrymation.
- Edematous arthritis.
Note: this formula should not be given to patients having weak conformation and night sweats.